Weekly Summary

This week I have been writing the ridiculous story of Putin and Trudeau and I will admit that I initially struggle to find the right path to take but I am happy with where it ended and I hope some of you guys found it entertaining as well.  Unfortunately for me I do not have the word press upgrade that allows for imported audio so some of the clips i took from searching Soundcloud in order for this story to come to life a little more.  I went through the hassle of making a separate twitter account just for the clues that were embedded as well and that was fairly easy to do.  The last image took a bit of photoshopping skills that I did not know I had, but I am really happy with the overall outcome of that too!  I think that is all for now.  Agent out.

Project Idea

For now I am still working on a “theme” per se other than a general mystery or something cliche.  I think for media and what not I want to leave clues for the story line through youtube videos and tweets on twitter.  From there I’m thinking of recording a voice over of the agents thoughts as she’s beginning to work through and find out what she needs to do in order to complete the mission and maybe “save the world.”  Item 2 is what I will be basing my project off of as I continue to fit everything together and modify things as I need.

Weekly Summary

This week has been…a ball of stress for the most part.  I am grateful that these assignments were not too hard to complete and that I am a well seasoned veteran when it comes to iMovie and audio things such as these.  A lot of my assignments had a similar routine, go to youtube, download mp4, go back to youtube, find audio, download as an mp3 and import everything into iMovie and make some edits.  I did not have much trouble navigating pixlr despite the time I have been without it.  I think I’m done for now, I don’t have much to say other than I am glad that this week has come to a close so I can start fresh.

-Tay

Weekly Summary

This was has been so rough but these assignments were actually way cool to do.  I think I am a lot better with video than audio, didn’t take me nearly as long so I am very greatful for that.  I really enjoyed learning about how to read a shot and also Zhou’s videos on shot and movement throughout picture.  I had never payed much attention before but there are certainly aspects of reverse shot and even the smallest movement that make a for a great scene.  I have definitely taken for granted how much work and though goes into portraying the scene correctly, from the emotions, to the movement, to the precision of the camera’s movement.

For the assignments I chose to do this week I got a little more physically active than I ever have too.  One was my tutorial for the ollie and the other was just a very short set of me dancing to a really dope song.  I tried my best to take into  account how this would portray with music and the camera angle and what not but there’s only so much I could do with my laptop in that area.  The Fight Club dubb over is probably now one of y favorite things too, so there’s that.  Overall, I feel proud of my assignments this week.  Really cool.

-Tay

Weekly Summary

This week was a whirlwind of things and I’m glad it’s finally over.  We have a couple of ideas for our radio show but none of them solid just yet.  I think that once we start talking again we will be able to all settle on one particular theme.  We did however decide that it would be a story based show that will have different entries and story lines for the most part.  I think I have an idea for one bumper from the assignment I did previously, I will probably mess around with it in audacity for a little bit and see what I get.  As for the promo and title that is still up in the air but I am thinking of something that is mysterious and minimal to go with the spy theme we have going.

Audio can be a real pain sometimes, perfecting and getting everything to the right specifications can be very nerve-racking and hopefully our radio show will run a lot smoother than these assignments.  Fingers crossed.  The assignment I liked doing the most was recording the sounds of my spy’s day.  Finding the right sounds and fitting them together properly was fun and I think it turned out just how I wanted to0.  Next week should be interesting.

-Tay

Weekly Summary

For this week I had to make photo editor my bff and learn how to use a logo site.  I thought that most of my assignments this week turned out to be fairly quick. That or I have finally gotten my footing in this whole photoshop thing. The TDC this week that was on the more interesting side was attempting to draw a circle freehand.  Pretty awful.  I thought all of this weeks assignments were really cool in terms of design principles and what not.  And watching the two episodes from the Netflix series gave me a lot of information I had never known prior to, not to mention that it was enjoyable as well.

-Tay

 

Weekly Summary

This week was a focus on audio, and as much as I love music and audio I don’t think I took for granted how hard it is to get everything to cooperate and get things the way you specifically want them.  This week I ran into troubles with uploading to my soundcloud for copyright reasons on the cover mashup I did.  Long story short I had to create an iMovie and share it that way.  I never knew that that bhangra song of All the Way Up even existed and I am always looking for something new and different so discovering that was pretty nice.  I’ve been a bit stressed with my thesis and unfortunately the stuff that was on the agenda this week almost slipped away from me so I am going to try to do better with that. Making my own playlist was really awesome too!

-Tay